12/29/2007

The beauty of Technology

I have never been a fan of cell phones. I believe that the only
reason for my dislike of the phone I could carry everywhere began with
my first supervisory position. This was the first job where I was
issued a cell phone, "in case of an emergency."
This dislike was compounded by the genius that came up with a cell
phone that also could provide email support. As the person in charge
of a communication center I quickly realized that they could now reach
me 24-7 for those small issues that were not worth the phone call.
Ever since I left that position I stayed far away from the, "more than
a phone" cell phone technology. That is until I was looking for a
personal organizer. I recently realized how far Technology has come
since that first Blackberry I was issued many years ago.
For Christmas this year I went to my old addiction of online auctions.
I ended up winning an auction for a used Palm Treo. This is day two
of it in my possesion and day one after my ability to use it after
switching from my old phone.
This Treo is great. I still have a lot of "playing" to figure some
things out but I LOVE IT.
I have been writing in my blog for awhile now and have been trying to
get some of my thoughts organized. I am currently sitting here typing
this on my new device and will be able to post it without sitting at
my desk.
Technology is great...

No comments: