12/28/2007

The Humor of Life

I started this blog in hopes to help my writing.  I have always been interested in creative writing and telling the stories of my life with little exagerations.  I do want to get something out there that has the disclaimer, "All names have been changed to protect the innocent" (does that mean I don't have to change the name if they were guilty?)
I have started a few projects over the years to find that my life is very humorous to outsiders and the stories I can tell would make a great sitcom.  I however can not finish one story without something else in my life taking a humorous turn towards a tragic comedy.  Then there is also the fact that I tend to write more and better while I am in a depressed state of mind, which is hard to do when you are trying write about it and it ends up making you laugh.  So I am trying to get an idea of how to finish a project.  How can I finish a project when the weekly grind of life makes it difficult to think that the past week was tragic?
Right now I am working on the past tragic instance in my life but I am looking at how the path that was tragic at the time has led to the beautiful (and humorous) events of the present.  It just makes me think more about the regrets I do not have.  There have been a lot of things that people may look at and say, "Don't you regret that decision?"  But everytime I actually sit down to think about it I view the outcome of that decision and think, "I wouldn't change it because it has made me the man that I am today."
 

No comments: